Monday, June 04, 2007

adventures in chefery

Perhaps inspired by Iron Chef America, I made a new dish and new cocktail, served independently.

First in the afternoon, I made a Paloma.

It's a perfect drink for summer:
  • 2 oz. of tequila (silver 100% agave, of course) I used 1800 brand
  • juice from a lime
  • grapefruit soda (diet squirt - no calories)
It was the first cocktail I'd had in months, and it was delicious. It reminded me of Mexico. If there was any day that I deserved one, it's after running a 5k. The only calories are from the tequila, and I think it's only about 60/ounce...so the cocktail had less calories than a coke.

Then around dinner, I made a Yukon Gold Mashed Potato Duo: Garlic and Chipotle

The secret is in the potato. The Yukon Golds have a buttery, yellow texture that is perfect for mashing easily, without even needed any additional milk or cream. Just boiled cubes, then seasoned, then infused half with butter and garlic, and the other half with chipotle tabasco. The flavors complimented each other and was a successful plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment