Friday, June 22, 2007

Softball 2007: Mid-Season Tournament Preview

Through 4 games, I was convinced that we were better than our 2-2 record. Now that we're 2-3, with me a 2-2 record as starting pitcher, and on a 2-game losing streak...I'm not convinced that we're as good as 2-3. In our third game, we were one hit away from collapsing in the 7th inning. And our opening day win was solid, but mainly due to a multitude of fielding errors by the other team.

Right now we don't seem very good.

What is remarkable is that's exactly how we were last year--and then we came into the mid-season tournament, needed me to come in as a relief pitcher in the first game as my first pitching experience, and proceeded to win 4 games in a row and win the tournament. The team we beat soundly in the final game last year, is the same team that's undefeated this year.

Smart money on tomorrow's tournament (if it gets played--weather report says it will rain all morning) is that we won't do very well. But I believe that we start with a 1-1 count, which could lead to some strike outs and maybe we'll catch some breaks.

These won't count towards our regular season record, but I'll keep all other stats normally.

And as for the sports world right now, it's summer and I don't really care about anything else right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment