Thursday, June 14, 2007

Softball 2007: Game Four

I was afraid of this. In the first loss, by the time I entered the game it was 10-2, plus we mounted a little mini comeback. But I was afraid that there would come a game where I was pitching the whole time, and gave up a bunch of runs.

Tonight was a battle for the logjam at first place, facing the only 3-0 team in the division. We were the visitors and jumped out to a 7-2 lead after two innings, but couldn't hold on to the lead.



Batting Stats for Game Four:
1st AB: 2B
2nd AB: 1B, run
3rd AB: 1B, rbi, run
4th AB: ground out

Average: 0.750
Slugging: 1.000
1 rbi

Pitching Stats for Game Four:
6 IP
18 runs
0 K
1 BB

ERA: 21.00 and the loss

Batting Stats on the Season:
6/10: 4 singles, 2 doubles, 4 runs scored, 1 walk, 1 rbi.
Average: .600
Slugging: .800


Pitching Stats on the Season:
17 innings pitched
26 earned runs
2 K
1 BB

ERA: 10.70
2-1 record

It was a disappointing loss, especially since we had the lead. But looking back, except for the one walk I gave up, there wasn't anything I could have done differently. They are a great team, even their girls can hit for power, and they have some great fielders too. They made a few errors in the first two innings, but settled down after that.

They were patient hitters, forcing me to throw strikes. I got behind a 2-0 count and was able to not give up a walk. Later I got an 0-2 count and threw an inside pitch that he was able to turn into a base hit anyways.

On the bases I got tagged out the first time running from 2nd to 3rd, then scored the next two times on base. In fact, I managed to do the same play I got tagged out on last game, where I ran from 1st to 3rd on an infield ground ball with a close play at 2nd. She caught the ball in time but didn't touch the base, so I kept on running. Their infield was arguing that I was out while I was still running to 3rd and made it safely.

The real reason that we lost was that they had great hits and we made a bunch of errors on their easy hits. At least 3 times, our infield threw it past the first baseman. Also, I think it was a case of our first half team being a lot stronger than our 2nd half team.

After 3, we were up 7-6, and after 3.5 we were up 11-6.
Then the 2nd half team came up and made a bunch of errors and couldn't get anything going offensively either.

It feels like we're a lot better team than just 2-2, but what can you say.

And as for my ERA, there's a lot of those runs that shouldn't be earned, but it's impossible to keep track. I can't even keep track of how many runs are scored until I check with the scorekeeper, let alone which were earned and which were unearned. So my ERA's bloated, but that's okay.

Team Record: 2-2

No comments:

Post a Comment