Wednesday, September 17, 2008

reading level on the interweb

After Burnsy pointed it out in the comments, I started experimenting with other sites, to see what the level of discourse really is. Here's the results:

Elementary
KSK
Fanhouse
CNN
Sports Guy NFL Preview

Junior High
Deadspin
ESPN
TMQ's latest article
MSNBC
Yahoo

High School
Reddit
PS3 Fanboy
New York Times
Fox News

College - Undergrad
CNN Political Ticker

Genius
FiveThirtyEight.com
Google.com (I'm not kidding)

No Results
Digg
YouTube


While I think it's interesting that CNN's political blog far outranks their home page, I don't really thing this site is a good judge. 538 is on the money, but PS3 at High School? TMQ only at junior high? I can't even understand what he's talking about. And Google's homepage as genius? I mean I know simplicity is awesome, but come on. Unless, maybe I'm not a genius, and I'm missing part of the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment