Thursday, September 18, 2008

this morning i had a dream

It was the first day of me attending Grad School. Oddly enough, the school was in a terrible neighborhood, yet was trying to carry the properness of an Ivy League school.

So I arrive at 9 am in the main class building and I don't know what room I'm supposed to go to. It takes me 15 minutes with the help of some guy to look at my timetable and see where I should be. We finally figure it out and I'm about to walk in that direction, when he tells me that I can't go into class without a navy blazer with the school crest. I'm wearing a t-shirt. So I ask, where can I get one. And apparently the school bookstore is on the other side of town.

So I get really mad, as if this is the first time I'm hearing about this dress code, when I'm 15 minutes late for my first class.

But that's not the good part. The best part is my major, and I'm not making this up: Where's Waldo? I'm attending Grad School for the purpose of getting a Masters in Where's Waldo? And I need a navy blazer with the school's crest on it just to enter the class.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment