Tuesday, October 06, 2009

heartbreak in tel aviv

Mark went into Monday needing AD to outscore Donald Driver by 4.5 points. And he would have tied, if Peterson hadn't been stripped and awarded -2 points.

Still there might be more to this story...I remember logging in to Fantasy during the 2nd half, and I thought I saw that Mark's team was ahead. And Kirat posted at 11:51 ET, probably right as the game was ending, then he saw a fantasy tie.

I'm not sure what happened, perhaps ESPN was late in adding AD's fumble? But it sure looks like AD scored 9.5 and Driver got 7, and I don't know where the discrepancy is.

- - -

For the second week in a row, I was matched up against the highest score of the week. Last week I was 2nd in weekly scoring, this week 6th. So I didn't really deserve a win, but I would have gotten one if I had been paired with 4 out of 5 of the Naperville teams.

Through 4 weeks, here's a list of ranking by points scored and records:

1st: Niraj 3-1
2nd: Mark 2-2
3rd: Kirat 3-1
4th: Swag 1-3
5th: Savan 1-3
6th: Harlan 2-2
7th: Matt 3-1
8th: Dave 0-4
9th: Stevo 2-2
10th: Mac 2-2

Through 4 weeks, it's a bit wacky. Partly because of the division scheduling and the fact that the Illini division is averaging 11 more points a game. Still, you would hope that the guy who's only 7 points off the lead for more points scored, would have a better record than the two lowest-scoring teams.

Illini: 2245.5 (avg per game: 112)
Naperville: 2027.5 (avg per game: 101)

Maybe next year I should put Mark and Burnsy in the same division and put myself in a different one.

- - -

Also, Swag is ridiculous. For the 2nd time, he's got the Red Banner of Shame. He also owns the Golden Helmet for highest score. I am sure when I play him he will put up 227 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment