Friday, December 04, 2009

memory lane

This is the Chiefs video that pumps me up the most.



I was walking back from lunch and thinking about it. And of course when I think about Dante, all that really comes to mind is this game:

NFL Highlights: Chiefs vs Chargers, 11/24/04

Seriously watch those highlights, what a game. That was the first game that Brit and I went to together (also the first one of my modern fandom; previous was early 90's when I lived there). From the reference point of the main camera, Brit and were seated on the far side, upper deck. So when Dante ran back the kickoff to start the 3rd quarter, he was running from my left to right, fumbling right in front of me (!).

That game had LJ's first touchdown. Also in that game, Drew Brees and Gonzo, vintage Tomlinson and Gates, and of course, oooh Fujitas.



The image of that kickoff return fumble is burned into my brain, except it's the reverse angle of the above picture. I know he redeemed himself with a KOTD in the 4th quarter, but still. That would have made it 24-14 with a huge momentum swing...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment