Sunday, December 27, 2009

the most coveted prize in all of sports

The 2009 Burger Bet goes to the Kansas City Chiefs. By losing their fifth game in a row, they clinched the burger for me. That is pathetic.

I say it's clinched because the Chiefs are 68 points ahead in the net points tie breaker. A realistic way for the Lions to take back the crown would be to beat the Bears by a field goal, and have the Broncos win over the Chiefs 66-0.

As pathetic as it is, the burger bet kept me invested in this season, long after their playoff chances were eliminated. And to have it go down to week 16 is pretty impressive. If the Lions could have won today, that would have put a huge amount of pressure on next week's games.

And now the only question is which burger to choose? Do I go with the $19 Rockit burger that might be my favorite one that I've already had, or do I pick a new one from the list, Kuma's Corner, Capitol Grille, or say Hot Chocolate in Wicker Park?

One of the best questions I will ever face.

1 comment:

  1. What's depressing is how close it is each year.

    Congrats. You guys did come on stronger at the end. It looks like you've got a starting RB, too.

    ReplyDelete