Thursday, January 21, 2010

RIBS

So I've already showed you how to make delicious low and slow baby back ribs in the oven. This post is to show off the money shots from Ribs Round Two (Electric Boogaloo).

This time I started with the same simple bbq rub, but added my own chili powder, cumin, garlic, and a dash of cinnamon. Same technique, down to the half wet, half dry. They looked great:

Here are some shots of them cut open. As always, click for juicy ribs in HD!



As for the ribs, despite me kicking the rub up a notch, I'm not sure that I liked these any better. The rub didn't make things worse, but I'm not exactly sure why I liked round one better. It could have been just because the novelty was gone. Or since these ribs were slightly larger than the last rack, perhaps they needed a bit more time. Or maybe they could have used more time in the dry rub marination phase.

Regardless, I ate the whole rack over the course of the Saints and Colts games and they were delicious. But I'm not ready to enter these in a ribs contest or anything yet.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, that rack looks exquisite. Not one drippage of fat ANYWHERE. Cooked to perfection. I love you.

    Keri (a.k.a. Sam) the Sandwich Guru

    ReplyDelete