Thursday, March 08, 2012

The Arrested Development Bracket

It's March. I'm taking inspiration from Grantland, but this time beating them to the punch. And I found out how to make better looking brackets in Excel.

So without further ado...


I already filled out the entire bracket. I know who wins it all. But I figured let's do it a round at a time.

Sweet 16 Results: Monday, March 12
Elite 8 Results: Wednesday, March 14
Final 4 Results: Friday, March 16
Championship Game: Monday, March 19
Winner Revealed: Wednesday, March 21

- - -

I based the seedings on polls that I found online. And carefully constructed the bracket so that at each round my favorite characters would advance. And I tried to pair characters that shared something in common where I could.

Let's look at some tasty round one matchups:

Michael vs Rita (Mr. F)
Stan Sitwell vs George Bluth
GOB vs White Power Bill
Barry Zuckercorn vs Maggie Lizer in a battle of lawyers
Carl Weathers vs Lindsay
Steve Holt vs Maeby
Gene Parmesan vs Lucille

I'm posting these round by round so if Mark and Burnsy (or Kirat--don't think I forgot about my 4th reader) want to weigh in they can. But rest assured that your votes won't change anything.

Check back on Monday for the Sweet 16.

3 comments:

  1. Here are my first round votes (winners only):

    Michael
    Ice
    Doctor
    George
    Tobias
    Featherbottom
    Oscar
    Maebe

    GOB
    Barry
    Franklin
    Lindsay
    George Michael
    Annyong
    Lucille
    Buster

    I've got a few upsets in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's mine:

    Michael
    Kitty
    Doctor Wordsmith
    Stan Sitwell/Stickwell (eyebrows, candy beans, "just woke up" hair...come on!!)
    Tobias
    Featherbottom
    Oscar (.com)
    Maeby

    GOB
    Barry
    Franklin
    Lindsay
    George Michael
    Annyong (haseyo!)
    Lucille
    Buster


    I guess I ended up with the same right half as Mark (though I didn't look at his picks while making mine).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I would have had Steve Holt higher than a 7 seed because of his later storyline with GOB, but the match-up with Maebe works out well.

    I also would have had Buster as a #1 seed. Depending on the who he faces, he could end up as my winner.

    Also, Ann as a 3? Her?

    ReplyDelete