Thursday, March 08, 2012

What people like in Autopilot

This stopped me in my tracks. It's one thing to say that I sold 250 copies of a book in 2011. It's another to see that people are reading it, highlighting passages they liked, and that multiple people highlighted the same stuff.

It's weird. Even if it's only 3 people, it's a strange feeling to see that people are independently liking certain sections that I've written.

Popular Highlights of Autopilot 

&quote;
I wonder how much of my life has been lived on autopilot. Some days I’m having lunch and I don’t even remember taking the train to work that morning. We only remember what we want to remember. &quote;
Highlighted by 6 Kindle users
&quote;
What Santa Claus is for kids, Jesus Christ is for adults. &quote;
Highlighted by 5 Kindle users
&quote;
What if dreams are just memories that haven’t happened yet? &quote;
Highlighted by 3 Kindle users
&quote;
We spend so much time devoted to the trivial. So much energy put into things that don't matter. That when something like this happens, it's hard to react. It's hard to function. I cry over playoff losses. I curse when drivers cut me off. I actually care about so much bullshit that it's hard to find the emotion necessary at times like this. &quote;
Highlighted by 3 Kindle users
&quote;
No matter what we’re talking about, my wife and I find ourselves being contrarian, if only for the sake of being contrarian. People call it playing devil’s advocate. But really it’s just that after spending so much time with someone, you just want to be right. &quote;
Highlighted by 3 Kindle users

No comments:

Post a Comment