Sunday, March 25, 2012

Curling: Week Five

Tonight we were missing two of our usual players, including our skip.

I volunteered to play vice (3rd) and one of the subs skipped.

We were up 5-3 through 5.

In the 6th, our first four shots went through the house, and they were sitting two in the four-foot with a guard. My first shot was a perfect draw to the right of the two in the house and became shot rock. They bumped one of theirs back, but they only scored one. If it wasn't for my shot, they could have 4 in scoring position.

So now we're up 5-4 through 6 with the hammer in the 7th. You can probably guess what happens next.

After my shots, the yellow team still were sitting two. And then up comes our skip. His first shot knocks a yellow guard into the house. His second shot knocks a yellow guard into the house. Yellow scores 4 in the 7th.

Now we're down 3, when we should only be down 1. And the strategy is completely different. Yellow's laying guards, we're trying to knock yellows out of the house. We ended with two red in the house...but there was a yellow closer.

Final: 9, 5

We finish the regular season 2-3.

I had a lot of great shots. I'm much better when I have something to aim at (opposing stones) as I'm a lot better at getting the line right than the weight. So it helps for me to shot 3rd instead of 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment