Thursday, March 22, 2012

Big F'ing Game Tonight

Depending on what standings you use, the Avs and Coyotes are ahead of one another fighting for one playoffs spot.




And tonight Colorado plays Phoenix. With 7 games to go, this is simply huge. The last picture above shows Phoenix with a 56% chance of making the playoffs and Colorado as 39%. I bet tomorrow those numbers are quite different.

So again, the Avs have 7 more games. Here's their chances of making the playoffs based on their possible remaining records:


Remember less than a month ago when I thought that 92 points would get them in?

They've got 8-3-1 since then, earning 17 out of 24 possible points. For their first 63 games, they earned 54% of the possible points. Since then...71%.

So it looks like 94 points is the new goal. 4-2-1. I'll have the Avs on my computer, and I can put on Wisconsin-Syracuse and Cincy-Ohio State on the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment