Tuesday, October 06, 2020

2020 Census: Favorite Movies

So I don't really rewatch a ton of movies. I feel like I used to do that more. Now there's so much content that I'm always ready to watch something new. Plus, a lot of my old favorite movies I've seen so much, that I'm not in the mood to watch them anymore, with a few exceptions. So how do I treat something that I have great fondness/nostalgia for, but that I haven't watched in 15 years? How do I compare that to a movie that I liked such as Ex Machina, but that I saw once a few years and barely remember?

Last year, I defined my wheelhouse AND made an ultimate movie calendar, so some of this work has already been done. 


Alright, I'm just going to start listing movies that I like and see where that gets me:

Groundhog Day

Edge of Tomorrow

Mission Impossible franchise

Shawshank Redemption

Inside Man

National Treasure franchise

Now You See Me franchise

Ocean's 11 franchise

John Wick franchise

Back to the Future franchise

The Game, Seven, Fight Club, Social Network, Panic Room, Gone Girl

Memento, Dark Knight, Prestige, Inception, Tenet

Inglorious Basterds

Good Will Hunting

The Martian, Arrival

Anchorman

The Big Sick

Lebowski

Anything with Hanks or Denzel and just about anything with Cruise


Okay, so that's a lot of movies. And I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch. 

I saw Pulp Fiction and Fargo a few years ago and they weren't as good as I had remembered. Maybe I had just seen them too much. 

I haven't seen Adaptation or Eternal Sunshine in forever, so I don't know how to rank them. 

And what do I do with all these franchises? It's hard to make a top 5 of favorite movies with so many franchises. 

Sorry, 2030 Dave. This list is the best I could do. 



2010 version

No comments:

Post a Comment