Wednesday, February 15, 2023

I Was There: Super Bowl LVII Parade

What's wild is that I haven't been to a game since the last parade, so the last post on this tag was the previous parade. Last time I didn't have to label which Super Bowl parade it was, but now I do. 



I parked near The Roasterie and walked straight to KC Live. Was able to sit inside No Other Pub for a bit until I got hungry and set off to look for food. Got some Meshuggah Bagels before finding a spot on Grand for the parade.



Here's my spot, right in front of McFadden's. You can see I was only 1-2 people away from the front railing, which I thought was pretty good considering I got this spot less than an hour before the parade started. Better than my spot for the LIV parade.


Here's Clark Hunt and Andy Reid.


Here's the Lombardi. I think Mark Donovan the President was holding it at this point, so no big loss that his face is blocked by the trophy.


Here's Buttkicker.


Here's Juan Thornhill and Andrew Wylie. It's hard to read but Wylie's shirt says: 0 sacks, put it on a fucking t-shirt!!!!


Here's Chris Jones


Okay, here's Chris Jones a second later. Turns out there is a difference between in front of the railing and 1-2 people away from the railing. 


Here's Khalen Saunders asking for a selfie with me. Or at least that's what it looks like.



So this was the wildest part of the whole day. I hear people start yelling "Juju! Juju!." I can't see him yet, so I'm lifting my phone above my head and trying to see what I can get. And then from out of nowhere, before anyone has a chance to shout out that they see Mahomes, all of a sudden the MVP is right in front of me. 


I snap as many as I can and the one above was the best of that burst. The one below could have been great, but those pesky hands got in the way again.


The next bus has Skyy Moore so I got a nice shot of him.


And then, to my right, I see Patrick Mahomes is coming back! Literally the only guy I saw moving against the flow of the parade all day. He's posing with more people.


He's walking by the railing, standing literally only 4 feet away from me. All the people in my vicinity push forward and stick their hands out trying to get a high-five. I didn't get one, but the fact that it was even a possibility showed how close I actually was to him.


Then he climbed on the bus behind Moore's and passed us again. So I get this cool shot.


Absolutely electric to see the man who is responsible for all of this, that close up. 

It was right around this time that Travis Kelce passed by. I was so focused on the Mahomes photos/handshake that I didn't get a good shot of Kelce, just in case you were wondering.

From there, I had to hightail it on a two-mile walk to get to the rally portion.


I'll be honest. This was kind of a dud for me. The guys didn't say all that much and it's so crowded that you end up watching it on a monitor. Today, the parade really outclassed the rally. 



All the pictures above were taken by me. Below are some supplemental pictures I found online.


No comments:

Post a Comment