Saturday, July 20, 2024

First TD in Road to Glory - College Football 25

There are three main modes of College Football 25: Dynasty, Road to Glory and Ultimate Team. 

Dynasty is the one I care about most, but the learning curve is kind of steep. So I didn't want to start there. Got some good Ultimate Team progress in, and then I started a Road to Glory for a WR. 

I built a deep threat WR coming out of Peoria, IL...thinking that I might want to get recruited to Illinois. But then I saw my offers and Illinois did offer me, but I was going to be #2 on the depth chart. (Not bad for a WR, but at Arizona State I would be #1. And the NIL opportunities was high for ASU, medium for ILL.) Plus, I figured maybe Jimbob was a party school kind of guy. 


So I get to campus and the first week of practice was rough. But helpful. 

I get into the game and coach is pounding the hell out of the ball. Buddy, I didn't remember that you hate passing as part of your recruitment pitch. 

Anyways, it's 3rd and goal in a tight game. Coach dials up inside slant. From practice I remembered that it was helpful to give a first step outside before cutting inside. So that's what I did. 


First week was a solid win. Ended up like 6 catches for 67 yards. In week 2, I went 6 catches for 112 but in a 30-32 loss. 

Game is super fun. 

1 comment:

  1. Sure, that was a nice TD grab, but you lost yards after the catch

    ReplyDelete