Monday, December 25, 2006

What I'm All About

In this world of sports blogging, that's become all the rage, you can expect to find certain things. You'll find a fair amount of recapping games with the blogger's reactions. I suppose I do a fair bit of that, but that's not my bread and butter. And you're bound to find lots of predictions, which I plead "no contest" to. And apparently, people like to compare teams or athletes to certain things in pop culture, for example Simpsons characters. I never saw the point of this, and I don't think I ever will.

The posts that I find I'm most proud of, usually fall in to one of three categories:

1. Offbeat or philisphical writing that at times has only a vague or non-existent connection to sports
(examples: here, here and here)
2. Ideas and strategies that I think would work
(examples: here, here, here, here, and here)
3. In-depth analysis using personally gathered, real statistics
(examples: here, here, and here)

Sure I love to throw in some filler youtube clips or talk about how the Chiefs are letting me down, but it's these 3 categories that I think make my little site here a little different than what else is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment