Friday, March 02, 2007

My Job Is Hard

It's amazing I can get through an entire day. Honestly, do you know how many sites there are to read on the Internet? And games? And once you read a page, it's not done. In a half an hour it could have something new again. This is really tough.

Can you imagine the stress of accidentally hitting the "Play Clubs Alone" instead of "Play Clubs" button, and having to close out the window as soon as possible. It's enough to give someone a heart attack. And then the phone rings. And most of the time, it's business related!

Back in the old days, sure you'd read the newspaper at your desk and maybe take a long lunch break, but now we've got interactive news. Between deadspin, espn, page 2, reddit, chicagoist, consumerist, the onion, overheard at the office, kissing suzy kolber, copyranter, nirajsanghvi.com, buy 2, zug, mcsweeney's, youtube, it's amazing that I have any time left.

Do you know how hard it is to finish reading an article when you have meeting reminders popping up in front of what you're reading? Annoying. And then once a week I have to fill out my timesheets. I should file 5 minutes on friday as busy filling out timesheets.

The only good news is that it's Friday, and I can finally get out here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment