Monday, April 30, 2007

NFL Draft Hamper Dump

So the Patriots who won 3 Super Bowls without and standout receivers, signed both Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth and Wes Welker (who I think is awesome) this offseason. Did Belichick start playing Madden this spring and discover virtual Tom Brady likes throwing to stars?

The scary thing is that they were so good without receivers...I wonder if Moss will be a distraction. I've personally never put him in the T.O. camp of personality problems.

The Chiefs picked up Dwayne Bowe while Meachem was still on the board, went 27th to the Saints. The scout rating says Bowe is a 4-star player that could be a #2 receiver and Meachem is a 5-star player that could be a #1. Hmm...I'll be keeping an eye on Meachem.

But I'll confess that I don't really know what makes a good receiver. How come Colston can go in the 7th round and get 1,000 yards? Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment