Friday, August 02, 2013

the Blade Warriors saga

In the early 90's, I watched a show that was similar to American Gladiators, but on roller blades. The event I remembered best was a hockey event where you had to get a ball past four gladiators. It was rad.

In 2006, thanks to the power of the internet, I seemed to find that the show was called Blade Warriors. But there wasn't much info. Here's where the trail ended:


I followed up but he never responded. The trail was cold.

Until I remembered this again recently. I found this email and then went to youtube. And what do you know...



If that wasn't fantastic enough, I found this comment on that youtube page:


(The incident in question occurs at 6:18 in the above video)

Apparently, I wasn't the only one who couldn't let go of Blade Warriors.

And if you want to watch the obstacle course at the end of the episode, here you go. 


1 comment:

  1. That looks pretty awesome. And Nick "Yukon" didn't go on to win, either. Karma should have delivered him the victory for getting robbed when the guy held his stick.

    ReplyDelete