Monday, December 28, 2015

Tarantino's Films, Ranked

I just saw Hateful Eight in 70mm. (There's an overture and intermission! They give you a program!) If I wanted to do this right, I'd have to rewatch everything. But here's my ranking based on the memory of watching.

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Kill Bill
5. Django Unchained
6. Hateful Eight
7. Jackie Brown

nr Death Proof (haven't seen it)

It's a weird list for a couple reasons. I liked Hateful Eight. I'm surprised it's this low, to be honest. I just checked some other lists to see if I was off base and they all had Kill Bill vol2 ranked way above vol1. I totally disagree. I think vol1 is up there in my top three and vol2 is toward the bottom. But I'm ranking it as one film since all the posters for H8 call it his 8th film. I saw Jackie Brown in the theater in 97, so you should just disregard that ranking entirely. I mean, I didn't know diddly. It's probably a lot better than I remember. Also, I liked Django a lot. It's just hard, they're all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment