Saturday, January 25, 2020

Super Bowl LIV: Who I'm Rooting For

One thing that I didn't expect, but makes complete sense, is that when your team makes a Super Bowl run, you get completely enamored with certain players.

The two key defensive additions were Frank Clark and Tyrann Mathieu. The Chiefs invested a lot in them in through the first 6 games, I think a lot of fans expected more out of them. And then when Mahomes went down, the defense completely responded and Clark and Mathieu were leading the charge. And then in the home stretch + playoffs, they became electric.

On defense, it's Mathieu, Clark, Jones.
On offense, it's Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Hardman, Williams. Plus, Butker.
And the coach, of course, Andy Reid.

I mean, it's 2020 and people are still rehashing tired takes that Andy Reid is bad with challenges, time outs, and time management. But seriously, it hasn't been a problem. He consistently is better with time outs and challenges than opposing coaches. And critics don't ever want to give him credit for that because it doesn't fit their narrative.

So yeah, I'm rooting for the Chiefs. But I'm also rooting for these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment