Sunday, September 18, 2022

Killer Garlic Bread



This is not healthy enough to be a daily favorite, but this turned out so well, that I wanted to capture the method and recipe. 

I was loosely following this recipe, but didn't have fresh parsley or green onions. I didn't have good parmesan either, so I substituted a little shaker parm and a little shredded mozzarella. 


But what made this so good was the fresh garlic — this was my first time using my garlic press and it was great. I used half a stick of softened butter, stirred in 3 cloves of pressed garlic, pinch of kosher salt, mix of dried parsley/oregano/basil, bit of shaker parm and shredded mozzarella. Stirred into a beautiful spread and covered the split soft french bread. 

(We did a test taste where we tried slices of the baguette vs the split loaf, and the split loaf narrowly won on texture.)

I baked at 400F until it was golden, took maybe 8 minutes, can't remember. 

I think what made this so good was that it was garlic-forward and wasn't overpowered with cheese.

Update: Just made this a second time. Mixed everything together except for the mozzarella, spread it out on a split loaf, topped with more mozzarella than last time. It was equally good. The key here is the garlic press and combining it with the softened butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment