Thursday, February 06, 2020

The Skip Bayless Bad Take Hall of Fame

I blocked Skip Bayless on Twitter a long time ago because he's a professional troll. I get it. But I'm still going to make fun of him.

Before the Chiefs-Texans game, Skip served up this gem:



Skip claimed that he'd rather have Watson than Mahomes because Deshaun has "stronger winner's intangibles and makes more plays happen"

Okay, well that one didn't work out perfectly for him. Watson hasn't yet won a playoff game. Mahomes had won 2 after this one.

So before the Chiefs-Titans game, would Skip see the light?


That one didn't work out so great either. I mean, one was already the reigning MVP, but bold take I guess. 

So now that Mahomes is 3-1 in the playoffs and is appearing in the Super Bowl, would Skip come around on Mahomes or insist that Jimmy G is better?



Now that's a hot take I didn't see coming. First by not even comparing Mahomes to a 49er who's in the Super Bowl is unusual. And then second, by picking a QB who has won 1 playoff game, who missed the playoffs this year. Just wow. 

Well, Mahomes went out and not only won the Super Bowl but was crowned Super Bowl MVP. 

So surely, after all this, the only option is for Skip to admit he was wrong and acknowledge how great Mahomes is. 


It almost makes me want to appreciate how consistently bad he is. But nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment