Wednesday, August 08, 2007

a cheese for special occasions

Although I've been known to enjoy Merkt's cheese spread in my day, throughout 2007 I've hardly had any soft cheeses at home. I still buy grated parmesan, and the occasional hard parmesean, but that's about it.

Until, about a week ago when I purchased a cheese that had come highly recommended: Canadian Black Diamond Aged White Cheddar. I had the choice of two 8oz. packages: the 1-year aged in slices or the 2-year reserve in a wedge.


While the 2-years was enticing, the wedge looked like it it would disappear in about 3 or 4 servings. At about 7 dollars (thats $14/pound) I opted for the slices to make it last.

I can't say enough good things about this cheese. The one-year was amazingly flavorful so I can only imagine how strong the 2 years would be. Try this cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment