Friday, August 17, 2007

i've got september 16 circled on my calendar

So when I found that hoagie middle east would be making a chicago visit during football season, I was already excited. I knew we would have to go to Joe's to watch the NFL Sunday ticket. What I didn't realize until yesterday, is what the schedule of games are on September 16th:

3:00 Chiefs at Bears
7:15 Chargers at Patriots

So not only will the place be rocking and rooting for the Bears against the Chiefs, but that means the Chiefs will be on the big screen. And it should* be a reasonably good game. Larry Johnson vs the Big Bears D...battle of young, turnover prone cannon arm quarterbacks (assuming Croyle wins the job).

And then, the class of the NFL squares off in a primetime showdown with fantasy implications. Just wow.

(Oh and and the Lions/Vikings will be on at 3 as well, but that's just depressing.)

4 comments:

  1. Holy crap. Who's playing at noon? How much garbage and beer will I be able to stuff in my body in one day? Will people make fun of me for rooting for the Lions? So many questions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know. More than you think. Yes, a lot.

    Hope I've answered all your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this place have food? I saw some pictures and it looked like it was just some bars, many TVs, and a lot of standing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have a ton of good food and a ton of screens lining the walls. When we went for the Bears last year there were also a ton of long tables to sit at. So no standing as long as we get there at a decent time.

    ReplyDelete