Monday, August 13, 2007

weekend hamper dump

Ah, the first preseason game. After reading the Chiefs blogs you'd think the Chiefs are a great team. And then they go play like poop. I'm not to get to worked up over the first preseason game, but it's just a little reminder that this team isn't going to be that great this year. (But they're still going to win the Super Bowl!) sigh.

Also, I got out ye old soccer ball and went out to the field across the street. I counted out 36 steps to place a 12-yard penalty kick. At first it seemed farther then it looks on TV, but I had no problem zipping right under the crossbar.

So then I moved it back and was flying them over the crossbar from estimated 60, 70 feet. It felt really good to let it fly off my foot and hold my arms up and hope that it would dip down into the goal. I hit one free kick from the wing about 40 feet away that just curved right into the top corner. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. I saw some preseason action on Sportscenter last week and it was great to see some real football. I didn't care that it was preseason. But I still know that it doesn't mean anything. Absolutely nothing.

    Also, you're really getting into futbol, huh?

    ReplyDelete