Friday, August 17, 2007

happy anniversary to me

So I didn't want to mention it until I had the tickets in my hand, but mrs. hoagie central and i did exchange anniversary gifts in July. Although tradition would state the first anny gift should be paper, I gave her a perfume/body wash set and a really expensive card. The perfume smells like cotton candy, in a good way.

Her gift?

2 tickets to Jaguars at Chiefs, week 5, October 7th:
Section 122, Row 10:(click to see giant size)

This will be the first time in the modern era (not counting the 3 or so games I went as a kid) that I will be in the lower bowl, and on the Chiefs bench side. Rumor has it that Gonzo tosses a football into this section after the pregame warmup.

Here were our seats in the 04 and 05 season (we didn't go in 06--I think we were busy planning for the wedding so we never thought about getting tickets):



5 comments:

  1. NOW, huh? as in 5 years of dating didn't cut it? i believe you've forgotten about the original hoagie central 21st birthday party. that party alone is worth holy matrimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Taters. That was an awesome sandwich. I have a great picture of Mr. Hoagie Central passed out on the floor while people are eating behind him.

    I think that party is worth "till hoagie do us part"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, and don't forget it's also the origin of this blog's name :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave was calling the break in his schedule "Hoagie Central" before the birthday party. I clearly remember him printing out his schedule with a solid "Hoagie Central" time between classes.

    ReplyDelete