Sunday, April 12, 2009

HOW TO: make easy easter ham

I bought a 4-pound boneless pre-cooked ham, a small bag of light brown sugar, and a can of pineapple slices. In 20 minutes I had a Easter ham dinner that was worthy of someone cooking in the kitchen all day.

1. Preheat the oven to 400. Pour the juice from the pineapple slices into a saucepan, throw in a handful of brown sugar, and stir it up on medium until it's bubbling.

2. Slice your ham into your desired thickness and place a couple in your Pyrex casserole dish.

3. Pour your brown sugar-pineapple syrup into the ham dish. I cut my ham to about a centimeter thick and the syrup almost came up the top. Top each ham with a slice of pineapple. I also added a little bit of pure brown sugar in the pineapple hole.

Since it's precooked you just need to heat it up. I left it in my 400 degree oven for about 18 minutes. It came out perfectly, sweet and savory.


Here's how the pan looked after I ate my first piece.

1 comment: