Sunday, January 27, 2019

Squad Goals

This post stirred up some things.

Ribs


It was posted by reddit user flyman01. (Don't know how old he is, but he's a flyfisher who's been married for 35 years.) There he is near Reliance, TN, smoking ribs on an Akorn, drinking Maker's Mark and enjoying the sunset.

More recently, I took on a freelance writing project that involved me interviewing 5 people from Highlands, NC and writing stories about them. Turns out Highlands is a hidden gem that people stumble across and never leave.

So seeing these posts, I now have long-term goals of learning how to smoke meat and either living or at least visiting these parts of Eastern Tennessee/Western North Carolina.

I've thought about grilling/smoking more often, but for my health I need to lose weight, not eat more meat. But boy, this is enticing.

Before you know it I'm on youtube looking at pros and cons of owning a truck camper. So many things to do, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment