Tuesday, July 06, 2021

Daily Favorites: Pulled Pork and BBQ Beans






This is kind of cheating as I'm starting with ingredients that don't need anything besides microwaving. But hey, I'm not out to impress anyone here. 

I started with Trader Joe's carnitas, weighed out a serving on my food scale, smoked salt, pepper, garlic+, worcestershire and added my own bbq sauces (half gates, half no sugar). That portion of pork above is 200 calories. With sauces, it's still under 250. 

Same idea with can of beans. I measured out 130 calories of beans, added my own smoked salt, pepper, minced onion, no sugar bbq sauce. Poblanos/jalapenos if you've got them.

EDIT: I've turned this into an entree by adding turkey smoked sausage sticks, onion, jarred jalapenos, smoked salt, pepper, no sugar bbq sauce.




- - -

I happened to have these portions at the end of two different days when I had only a small amount of calories left. But you could easily combine these into one meal, make larger portions, or add a bun if you wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment