Saturday, July 31, 2021

Living My Best Life

I almost wrote this post in early May of this year. At that point, several things were falling into place. I had just gotten fully vaccinated. I was listening to my favorite bands (which I did post) and with the help of bluetooth speakers, I was listening to music in the shower and when I played basketball in my backyard. Yeah, and I was playing basketball every day. I had lost 50 pounds at that point and got my BMI to under 29. And I had just figured out how to make delicious Italian hoagies fit into a healthy lifestyle. 

Looking at all of that, I don't know why I didn't write it all down. This is an awesome list. 

- - -

Three months later and things are...even better? After having the same hairstyle for the last 6 years, I went to a real stylist who gave me a fresh hairstyle that I love. (Before 2015, I had no hairstyle. I just let it fall in front of my face like a doofus.) I just took a great family Chicago vacation. I got promoted back to Associate Creative Director. Over the last month, I re-started my pedometer app and have been taking a ton of walks. My goal weight is in sight this year. And year four of Mahomes as a starter is about to begin. 

Last year, despite everything else, we crowned it Year of the Fym. My 2021 is sure giving my 2020 a run for its money. It reminds me of my weight loss mantra of "keep stacking good months." If I keep stacking good years, that's a recipe for an enjoyable life.

- - -

Update on 9.2.21: Just upgraded to a 4k tv and got a new pixel phone and got back into disc golf so the wins just keep coming.

Update on 11.5.21: Just got back from an incredible work trip to Rome and the Greek Isles. What a great year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment