Monday, November 16, 2020

OKC / KC Thunder?

I just spent 20 minutes looking for a hoagie central post I was convinced I wrote and published but cannot find it. It would have had to be written since 2017 when I moved to KC. The gist was that some media outlet (I think it was Sports Illustrated) had a chart/ranking of sports cities and it counted the OKC Thunder as the NBA team in the KC market. 

I'm sure I had some opinions about it and then possibly came around to saying, maybe one day I'd consider being a Thunder fan...not sure, that's why I was trying to find it. Anyways, I wanted to see it because OKC Thunder now have 17 first round picks. 

Edit: As soon as I published, I found it in whatsapp...



That last comment should say I could take the boys.




I guess no big conclusions, just the realization that of all the NBA teams that I could become a fan of, the choices are really Nuggets (where I used to live but never went to a game) or Thunder (closest to current home, KC/OKC connection). 

Though I don't really like the NBA that much and have been doing just fine not being a fan of a MLB/NBA team. 

I do think it's kind of fun that I've picked up a team(s) wherever I've lived. Grew up in KC, became a fan of the Chiefs. Moved to Illinois/went to U of I, became a fan of U of I football and basketball. Then moved to Colorado and became an Avalanche fan. Maybe Mrs. Hoagie Central will move us to the east or west coast one day and I'll adopt a baseball or basketball team one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment