Saturday, April 24, 2021

Daily Favorites: Lemon Pepper Chicken


Now this is something I would make for guests. Bright, big flavor, looks great, yet couldn't be easier. Oh yeah, super healthy too. 

I've been late to the lemon pepper game but trying to catch up. This definitely delivers bigly on lemon pepper but the other herbs round it out so it's not overpowering on one note. You think it's going to be super bright and acidic from all the lemon, but the pepper is there just as much. Great stuff. 

Preheat to 350 F. I used a little cooking spray on a double foil lined pan (for easy clean up). Zest the lemon. 

Cover each chicken breast in a capful of olive oil and a couple squeezes of lemon juice and rub it in all sides. In a small bowl mix together a seasoning blend in these ratios:

1 tablespoon lemon pepper

2 teaspoon dried basil

2 teaspoon dried oregano

1 teaspoon salt

I just eyeballed it, 2 parts lemon pepper, 1 part basil, 1 part oregano, big pinch of salt. Rub that in on both sides. I added my lemon zest on top. 

Baked at 350 for 30 minutes. My oven runs hot so I pulled it at 27 minutes, let it rest for two minutes, cut into it and it was perfect. Topped with parsley and extra squeeze of lemon. Really felt restaurant-quality. 

The internet says a chicken breast is 425 cals. I paired it with a little bit of rice which was nice because the chicken almost has too much flavor. Tasty and filling plate for around 500 cals.

No comments:

Post a Comment