Sunday, April 11, 2021

Pasta Journey: Sausage, Peppers & Onions Pasta

 


This one was a bit different than the usual pasta + sauce formula. In this case, the "sauce" is extra chunky with not much liquid. I found this recipe from Fabio Viviani, a two-time Top Chef contestant. 

I was looking for a recipe that started with crumbled Italian sausage and this seemed like an easy winner. 

This recipe calls for just a little bit of tomato sauce, so with a little planning ahead, I happened to have a little bit of tomato sauce leftover from my Sweet Marinara. 

Here are some bonus shots of the cooking stages. 



I went with shells for this one, attempting to match the size of all the pieces, though my peppers were still a bit on the large size. 

I love Italian sausage so this was a big hit and super quick and easy. If I ever have a little tomato sauce leftover, I'll remember this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment