Monday, April 26, 2021

Daily Favorites: Buffalo Tenders & Homemade Cole Slaw

 

Okay, not a ton of actual cooking going on here. But this has been my #1 go-to lunch over the last 6 months. I quickly wrote about it in November. This lunch comes together in 5 minutes and checks every box: tasty, filling, low-calorie and super simple.

The chicken is Foster Farms Buffalo Tenders and the sauce is Bolthouse Farms blue cheese dressing. I microwave the chicken and then finish on the electric griddle to get a crispy exterior. 

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, I mix a scoop of Hellman's light mayo, some red wine vinegar, lime juice, drop of no sugar bbq, plus some montreal chicken seasoning, and everything bagel seasoning. Stir and then fold in some dry bagged cole slaw cabbage. Done in 2 minutes. 

Estimating 450 cals for chicken, 50 for blue cheese, 30 for cabbage, 70 for homemade dressing. 
600 all together.

If you went and ordered this at a restaurant it could easily be 600 for the chicken, 300 for the blue cheese, 30 for cabbage and 300 for the coleslaw dressing. Just a few simple substitutions and I've chopped the calories in half. 

Meals like this are what make my healthy eating for weight loss plan sustainable. It doesn't feel like I'm depriving myself of foods that I like. Just figuring out ways to work them in.

1 comment:

  1. Not all of the food here is available where I live, but I really like this series. So much better than the Chiefs series back in January 2020.

    ReplyDelete