Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Daily Favorites: Italian Sausage Sandwich

 



What makes this sing is the basil garlic mayo. Just Hellman's light mayo with garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper. So good, I could put it on anything. With all that flavor, I don't even notice that it's light mayo.

I had some leftover bulk Italian sausage, so I formed it into a patty. Got some deep browning on it and the onions. Griddled the bun on my electric grill with cooking spray and generous layers of the mayo. 

The sausage was probably 450-500 cals and this was a brioche bun that adds 170. So we're looking at 700 cals for this. 

Not many people would look at this and classify it as health food, but it was my entire lunch on Saturday and I wasn't hungry at all until dinner time. Tasty, filling, and under my 750 cal guideline for lunch/dinner. That's a winner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment