Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Daily Favorites: Chicken Patty Sandwich

 


This is a humble college classic. But the classics never go out of style. 

I use the electric griddle to toast the buns and crisp up the patty as well. While that's going I whip up a seasoned mayo. I was going to use the same basil garlic mayo that I used on the sausage sandwich, but I called an audible on the fly and did a lemon pepper mayo with garlic. 

I'm a big fan of taking something frozen/jarred and giving it a few extra touches to amp up the flavor. 

The chicken is only 200 cals, this sesame seed bun is 140, so with the light mayo I'd say about 375. 

Quick, filling, easy, low-cal lunch. I keep the house stocked with tasty granola bars, english muffins and sometimes dried mango. So I like when my main is 500 or less and I have room to round out the meal with one of those items.

No comments:

Post a Comment