Friday, October 13, 2023

favorite bands, revisited

back in 2014, I did a full top 80 bands


I thought maybe I could make an update focused on being helpful to me, just to keep tabs on the bands I like. (Also, like just in case my Spotify got deleted or something, I'd have a backup.)

All of these are based on the reality of how much I like/listen to them, not a judgment on absolute quality. 


Tier One

311
Alkaline Trio
Dashboard Confessional
Motion City Soundtrack
New Found Glory
Panic! at the Disco
Vampire Weekend

Tier Two

Death Cab for Cutie
Jimmy Eat World
Fall Out Boy
Weezer
Jack Johnson
Ozma
Third Eye Blind
The Hold Steady

Tier Three

AJR
New Politics
The National
The Stereo
Brand New
Saves The Day
Unwritten Law 
Midtown
Tommy Prine
Waterparks
Seaway
Blink 182

Tier Four

Reel Big Fish
Sugarcult
Less Than Jake
Sublime
Strike
The Starting Line
The Impossibles
The Pixies
Jimi Hendrix
Forever the Sickest Kids
The Get Up Kids
My Chemical Romance
State Champs
Sum 41
Twenty One Pilots

Tier Five

Bracket
American Hi-Fi
Incubus
Flaming Lips
The Anniversary
The Juliana Theory
Flickerstick
Cartel
Hey Mercedes
Zebrahead

Tier Six

Just Surrender
Lucky Boys Confusion
Ultimate Fakebook
The Red Hot Valentines
The Audition
All Time Low
The Promise Ring
The Urge
Hit The Lights
The Menzingers
Reggie and the Full Effect
Milencolin
Against Me
Pedro the Lion

No comments:

Post a Comment