Thursday, May 06, 2021

Daily Favorites: Jerk Chicken



After experimenting with various recipes and trying out lots of restaurants, turns out the secret to great jerk chicken is actually super easy. 

All you have to do is buy Walkerswood seasoning. It comes in hot and mild, and even the mild is plenty hot. I don't use the hot one by itself, usually add just a bit to my mild base. 

In fact, this paste is so concentrated in flavor, they recommend one ounce of seasoning for two pounds of meat. When I'm cooking for one and have maybe 6 ounces of chicken, let's just say a little goes a long way. 

The sauce takes all the work out of it. You can use whatever chicken you want, marinate or just use as a sauce right before cooking. 

In the top photo, I marinated the legs overnight in the seasoning, then added more right before cooking. 30 minutes at 420 was perfect. 

For the second photo, I used a chicken breast, rubbed the outside with seasoning paste and cooked in a pan. Then at the end I sliced so I could drag more surface area through the sauce. Couldn't be easier. The paste is also mostly vegetables so it's low in cals. 

Here's a bonus shot cooking some jerk chicken thighs in my cast-iron pan:

No comments:

Post a Comment