Monday, May 10, 2021

Daily Favorites: Nachos without Chips

 


I know the title sounds like heresy but this is really good. I already showed I could make a plate of nachos work for 650 calories, but it wasn't super filling. That plate of nachos is more of a once in a while type thing. This dish checks enough boxes to be an every week candidate. 

I started with a layer of grilled chicken strips and seasoned well. It says 3 ounces is only 100 calories, so I've probably got 200-250 cals of chicken here. I only needed 1 serving of cheese because I didn't have as much surface area to cover. A little light sour cream, red onion, salsa, jalapenos, cilantro and lime and this whole plate came in under 400 cals. Yet it was more filling than the nacho plate. Big time win. 

If I didn't have the jarred jalapenos I would have added hot sauce for sure.

Yes, this ends up being a lot like the burrito bowl, basically swapping 200 calories of rice for 110 calories of cheese. The burrito bowl was already my #2 go-to lunch and this is just as good. You just have to decide if you're more in the mood for rice or cheese. (Sure, you could add both, but I've tried adding cheese to my burrito bowl before and didn't think it worked that well together.)

I'm not doing keto or low-carb specifically, but it seems like if you were googling for keto chicken nachos or keto nachos or low-carb chicken nachos or low-carb nachos, this would work out well for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment