Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Daily Favorites: Chicken & Waffles

 


This feels like cheating. I didn't make anything here. I can't decide if this is worse than posting a chicken patty sandwich or not, but it's on the same level. 

Either way, the quick and easy solution also happens to be the calorie-effective solution here. 

Frozen chicken tenders at 190 cals each (I used Foster Farms) and Eggo waffles at 90 each plus lite syrup at 50 per serving. This whole plate is coming in around 650 cals and it tastes great. Is it as good as homemade fried chicken and fresh waffles? Of course not. But it's good enough and I can have it as a five-minute prep for a workday lunch.

I posted about this dish in 2010 and 2013. Back then I wasn't even focused on the calories, just lazy!

Either way, it's good enough to have on a regular basis, so I wanted to add it to the collection.

1 comment:

  1. This is better with hot sauce on the chicken for a spicy-sweet combo

    ReplyDelete