Sunday, May 16, 2021

Daily Favorites: Big Salad: Italian Style

 

Once I made one big salad, I had to make another. Again, this follow my mantra of less lettuce, more stuff. 

I decided to take a picture of my cutting board since it's hard to tell what's in here:


yellow bell pepper

red bell pepper

green cabbage

red cabbage

red onion

green onion

shredded iceberg

hot cherry peppers

hot banana peppers

thick-sliced pepperoni


dressing: light mayo, light sour cream, red wine vinegar, oregano, basil, garlic+, lemon

toppings: fresh italian parsley, crumbled herb goat cheese, sprinkle of salad toppins, crispy red peppers


I kept the pepperoni amount to about 100 cals, the goat cheese under 100 cals, and the crispies maybe add 75 or so. The mayo and sour cream probably about 100 total and the rest are veggies. 

These big salads are the most filling meals I've ever had. 

I loved the goat cheese in this. The flavor profile definitely feels like an Italian hoagie. Here's a bonus pic halfway through, so you can see how creamy this salad actually is. 


This is great, but I think I prefer the southwestern one a bit more. The poblano and guac really hit the spot. 

Also, these are better suited for weekends as they do take a long time to prepare and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment